Happy 2016 and welcome to the Doctor BS Blog!
Time to start a new year and to adopt a habit that makes you feel good.
I suggest that TODAY, you identify a small good habit and adopt it as your own.
Here are some suggestions designed to help simplify your life, and help regain a sense of control when your days seem stressful and hectic:
- Tell at least one person every day how much you appreciate him or her.
- Make a habit to balance your checkbook so you know just how much money you have to spend.
- Do the dishes in the sink right after a meal – don’t wait until the next day.
- Floss your teeth every night.
- Don’t go to bed with makeup on.
- Save $5 a day. That adds up to $1,825 a year and in five years you will have $9,125. It’s a painless way to save.
- Call your parents/kids once a week and let them know you love them.
- Send a handwritten thank you note to someone who has taken you to dinner or bought you a gift or has given you joy.
- Eat at least one piece of fruit every day.
- Smoke one less cigarette a day, drink one less alcoholic beverage a week, eat one meatless meal a week.
Picking up a new, positive SMALL habit will work wonder for your moods – it is a gift to yourself. And soon, you will be thinking of more ways to be good to yourself. Through this positive approach, you will gain the strength, joy and vision needed to pursue your personal and professional passions.