If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose. – Bishop T.D. Jakes
For more than 35 years, my happiness level has served as my business compass. The happier I felt, the more success I achieved.
In some of my jobs, I realized I had to dig deep to find my happiness. In others, my sense of joy powered my productivity, giving me the energy I needed to be truly successful.
One essential tip for business success is to discover your passion, and then go after it fearlessly. If you spend your days in a state of true happiness, the inevitable bumps in the road become extremely manageable. The long days have meaning, and the extreme effort feels purposeful.
I do know following your passion is so much easier said than done.
Here are my thoughts – you need to:
1. Discover your passion. And in a world where conformity often trumps creativity, we are often at a lost to what makes us happy.
2. Gain the skills necessary to pursue your passion. Whether it is a MBA, cooking classes, singing lessons, acting school or real estate courses, your passions require a level of competence that only training and practice provide.
3. Commit to make it happen. This requires putting your heart into your efforts so that giving up is not an option.
4. Gather up all of our courage. Letting go of fear will help you move forward when the naysayers get too loud.
5. Be persistent. When you stumble and fall, you must possess the tenacity to get back up.
Not everyone has the vision or the resources or the sheer will to follow their passion. But those who do very often experience tremendous business success, which I define as happiness.
Give yourself a gift, today. Identify your passion and go for it.
Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. – Harriet Tubman